Sunday, May 12, 2013

(3/26) Changing... well just about every map characteristic!

This map is by far the most interesting map I've toyed with all semester. If I had to pit any of the maps I've found this semester against the most interesting maps posted by other students, I'd pick this one. This interactive map found on National Geographic's website allows the user to do just about everything. You can pan, zoom in and out, Toggle between different classes of imagery and themes, view sea surface temperatures, view physical land and water systems, etc. The laundry list of variables covered is pretty long when it comes to this map. This map also allows the user to create shapefiles, take measurements, draw on the map, and place location markers. My favorite attribute was being able to look at chlorophyll blooms at the global level during the summer time. http://education.nationalgeographic.com/education/mapping/interactive-map/?ar_a=1 ------

No comments:

Post a Comment